With the Washington Trade Conference (formerly the WCIT Senators’ Conference) coming up on November 21, I wanted to make sure that the loyal readers of the State of Trade blog knew all the great reasons to consider attending. OK, well, maybe I won’t give you ALL the reasons (there’s hundreds of them, of course). How about the top five:
5) The Registration Page is Actually Working!
Apparently, our website was down for a few days last week when you were all trying to register. Awkward! But we’re open for business now (you might have to refresh your browser once).
4) Everyone Else is Coming, So Should You!
After adding our fourth sponsor last week (welcome, UPS!) and two more promotional partners (welcome, Bellevue and Tacoma chambers!), we’re on track to bring together 200 businesses from across the state to discuss trade policy and develop a shared federal trade agenda. Don’t be left out!
3) You’ll Hear from Business Leaders from Across the State!
The Washington Trade Conference will feature three exciting panel discussions by Washington business leaders on federal trade issues that will have you on the edge of your seat:
- Next Steps for Free Trade: TPP, Russia WTO & the US OUTDOOR Act
- Improving Washington’s Trade Climate: Visa Entry Reform, Financial Services Policy & Global Health and Development
- A Federal Agenda for Port Competitiveness in Washington State
2) We Passed the FTAs; Now What?
If that’s a question that’s keeping you up at night (or just something you’ve been casually wondering about), this is the conference for you. Through our speakers and panels, we’ll delve into the next major trade policy opportunities – from Russia to Vietnam, from Harbor Maintenance Tax to Travel Visa Reform – that can help Washington’s economy grow.
And the number one reason to attend the Washington Trade Conference?
1) You’ll Hear from a Majority of the Washington Congressional Delegation!
We have Senator Cantwell, and Representatives Reichert, McDermott, Smith and Inslee (just added!) scheduled to attend, plus video welcomes from Senator Murray and Representative Hastings. Save yourself a plane ticket to DC, and get all of your Congressional business done right here in Seattle at the Washington Trade Conference!
Add that to the fact that I love seeing you and it would be a lovely time to be together, and I don’t see how you can say no. So, REGISTER NOW by visiting www.wcit.org/events. Looking forward to seeing you there!