The Washington Trade Conference is WCIT’s signature event, bringing together 300 of the state’s business, government and community leaders to learn about key issues in international trade policy and to identify actions to support their priorities. This event – the only trade policy-focused conference in the state – features members of the Washington Congressional delegation, high-level speakers from key international trade organizations around the world and representatives of local businesses who benefit from Washington’s international business strength. In 2013, the Washington Trade Conference was held on Monday, November 18. Keynote speakers included:
• Scott Price, President & CEO, Walmart Asia
• David Dollar, Senior Fellow, John L. Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution
• William Reinsch, President, National Foreign Trade Council
Plus panel discussions on:
• China Trade Policy
• Making Progress on New Trade Agreements
• Improving Washington’s Port Competitiveness panel
Special thanks to our sponsors the Boeing Company, the Port of Seattle, the Port of Tacoma, Whidbey Island Bank, FedEx, Eli Lilly, Perkins Coie, JPMorgan Chase, United Airlines and BNSF for their generous support.
The full conference agenda is available here.